Crystal Palace’s bid to sign Tottenham right back Kyle Walker-Peters has hit the buffers.
Palace are desperate to add to their full-back ranks following the departure of Aaron Wan-Bissaka last summer.
They have been speaking with Spurs about taking Walker-Peters on loan until the end of the season.
Southampton have also been interested in the 22-year-old and Hodgson says the move is far from being finalised.
“[There is] no update,” said Hodgson. “There was initial contact I think between the clubs and the suggestion was made and one I was behind.
“It would have been a good move for us I think, but as far as I know nothing is happening and I’m not sure what Tottenham’s intention with Kyle Walker-Peters is.”
Hodgson sees the welcome return of Joel Ward for Saturday’s trip to Manchester City after the right back sustained a knee injury at the end of November.
Centre half Scott Dann is fit, but midfielder Max Meyer is out with an ankle injury sustained against Arsenal last week.
Hodgson will also be without Luka Milivojevic (ban), Mamadou Sakho, Patrick Van Aanholt (both hamstring), Jeffrey Schlupp (hip), Andros Townsend (groin) and Christian Benteke (muscle).