Striker Benteke is looking at a January exit from Palace

Christian Benteke (photo: Richard Blaxall)

Forward Christian Benteke says he is considering leaving Crystal Palace in the January transfer window.

Benteke, 28, has endured a nightmare spell at Palace with just four goals in two years and has lost his place in the side to Jordan Ayew.

He fired a double for Belgium in their 6-1 triumph over Cyprus on Tuesday, following a strike in their 9-0 win over against San Marino last month.

The Red Devils have qualified for next summer’s Euro 2020 finals and Benteke wants regular first-team football so he doesn’t miss out.

“I wanted to show the coach that I was there and that I was responding. I’m happy with my match as a whole. I really want to go to the Euro next summer. I work like crazy every day with this goal in mind,” he said to DHNet.

“It’s always different in club and national team. I hope this match will give me confidence and give me the opportunity to score for Palace.

“But I must also think with the transfer window approaching in January. I will reflect and I will see what is possible to do.”

The former Liverpool star signed an extension to his Palace contract in October which will expire in June 2021.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*